Application Security Assessments Services
You are responsible for building a secure application. And you've got problems:
You need to identify vulnerabilities to make a better, more secure product
You aren't sure the best way to do that, what to focus on, or even how much to spend
You don't know how to communicate your security to your customers
What single issue lies at the heart of all of these problems?
Application Security Basics and Best Practices
Why do automotive manufacturers crash test cars?
Because they want to find the flaws in the lab. So they can fix them. So you don't pay the price out on the road. So that in the event of an incident, you're more likely to survive it.
That's what an application security assessment is like. It's an effort to find your security vulnerabilities in the lab, rather than letting the bad guy find and exploit them out in the wild. Whether you are still building, or your product has been in the market for years, your security model depends on doing this right.
But to do it right, you need to do more than run a few tools or check off some boxes on a checklist. You need to find the vulnerabilities that no one knows about yet. You need to go beyond commodity penetration testing.
Tools Alone Don't Cut It
Commodity Services Don't Cut It
Compliance Doesn't Cut It
Scanning Doesn't Cut It
Avoiding It Doesn't Cut It
Faking It Doesn't Cut It
You can't scan your way to excellence, you need to work with a team of experts.
You need to:
1. Define your goal
2. Build your threat model
3. Run automated scanners to find the easy stuff
4. Investigate for known vulnerabilities
5. Investigate for unknown vulnerabilities
6. Daisychain vulnerabilities together
7. Fix your security vulnerabilities
8. Reassess regularly
Web and Mobile App Security Testing
Unfortunately, many companies look for best practices, and rely blindly on them. Companies become complacent and think that since they haven’t been hacked yet, they won’t be hacked tomorrow.
That is wrong.
Make no doubt about it: you are up against potent, dedicated, relentless adversaries. Attackers push your app to its limits. They find vulnerabilities that never come up in a tool based scan or commodity security assessment.
Whether the good guys find them and fix them, or the bad guys find them and exploit them, your security vulnerabilities exist!
Who would you rather find them first?
You. Not them.
Application security assessments often reveal ugly truths. By definition, the service exists to find your mistakes. That’s ok! Finding mistakes is great; ignoring them is terrible.
Depending on your goal, there are many different types of security assessments to help you get there:
Security Code Assessment
Security Documentation Review
Need to assess your own product vendors? Need an application security assessment when it isn't your own product? We can help with that too:
- Black-box security assessment
- Cloud deployment & configuration assessments
- Reverse engineering
- Digital rights management analysis
- Malware analysis
Need other kinds of security guidance, such as with your network, program building, or development? We've got you covered:
- Network vulnerability assessments
- Network penetration testing
- Virtual Chief information Security Officer (vCISO)
- Secure software development
- Security Program Building
- Design guidance
- Vendor Security / vendor management
Proven Security Experts
- We were the first company to hack the iPhone. First to hack Android OS.
- We pioneered security research in medical devices, cars, password managers, blockchain, cryptocurrency, online games, and IoT.
- We started and run the baddest of all hacking concepts, IoT Village, 3x designated as a coveted DEF CON Black Badge contest.
- We know how to break systems. We think like the attacker. And we know how to stop them.
Learn how to solve your security problems with a security assessment
ISE is dedicated to ensuring security
Not for You? We Can Still Help.
We are security consultants. Our mission is to help companies just like you secure their applications. Even if we aren't the right fit for your application security assessment needs, we can still help solve your problems in other ways, or refer you to the right people who can.
Inquire About Security Assessments